THAT WE ARE COMPLIANT
Your Financial Protection & The European Package Travel Regulations
YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION
You can have every confidence that the holiday you book with us is fully protected.
e Travel Trust Association and how you are 100% financially protected when you buy from a TTA member can be found HERE.
Both our UK and European companies ensure that all our guests benefit from one of the most stringent customer financial protection mechanisms in the world. Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme but ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk. If you book arrangements other than an ATOL protected flight or a package holiday, the financial protection referred to above does not apply.
EUROPEAN PACKAGE TRAVEL & LINKED ARRANGEMENTS DIRECTIVE (April 2018)
We ensure full compliance with the European Package Travel Directive (as amended April 2018) and we understand that as a consumer you have the right to expect the vacation that your have reserved and paid for. If our Packages form a Package within the description of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018 ("the Regulations") you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages as described. We are therefore fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
As required by Law, we also have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transportation is included in your package, to ensure that you are repatriated in the event that either ourselves or one of our transportation suppliers becomes insolvent.
Here are some of the important steps that we are taking to ensure your protection.
1. We will always ensure that you receive all the essential information about the package before concluding the
contract. (Please see our Booking Procedure for information on how we do this).
2. We always have at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in
3. You will receive an emergency contact and telephone number where you can get in touch with ourselves or our
4. You may transfer the package to another person providing reasonable notice is given and possibly subject to
additional costs (for example scheduled airlines may not permit the transfer of a booking or a name change).
5. The price of a package may only be increased if specific costs (for example the price of fuel) increase and provided
that this is expressly provided for in the contract and, in any event, not later than 20 days prior to the start of the
package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of your package, you may terminate the contract. While
we reserve the right to a price increase as per above, you also have the right to a price reduction if there is a
similar decrease in relevant costs.
6. You may, at any time before the start of the package, terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and
justifiable termination fee as specified on your Booking Contract.
7. You may also terminate the contract before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for
instance, if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
8. If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable
alternative arrangements will be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract
without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this
substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
9. Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are
not performed or are improperly performed.
10. We commit to provide assistance if you are in difficulty.
11. If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the
organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is
included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. For all International air travel you can contact the Air
Travel Organisers Licensing (ATOL) scheme Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex,
RH6 0YR, UK, Tel: 0333 103 6350, website: www.atol.org.uk if services are denied because of our insolvency
12. More information on the Package Travel Regulations can be found at www.legislation.gov.uk.